FUJiFILM SonoSite, Inc. Is seeking a Traffic Coordinator for their Bothell campus. This is a professional, non-supervisory position which manages the risks, costs and processes associated with international and domestic transportation and import/export compliance.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job related functions
- Serve as point of contact for transportation-related questions from internal and external customers, carriers and brokers, Customs and other government agencies including:
- Import/export compliance such as classification, valuation and country of origin determination
- HazMat regulations and in-house certification of shipping personnel
- Manage claims for loss or damage with carriers and or insurance company
- Manage transportation/Logistics activities supported by Local and International 3PL partners
- Identify, develop, and implement shipping and distribution process improvements, and document and maintain related published procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company’s quality system
- Support shipping activities during peak period, emergencies, or to meet unusual requirements
- 5 years of transportation-related experience, supporting ISO-Certified, Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with ERP systems such as Oracle
- HAZMAT certification, DOT and IATA preferred
- Working knowledge of Incoterms
- Experience working parcel carriers and air/ground forwarders from rate negotiations through delivery
- Familiar with regulatory guidelines included in 49 CFR, 19 CFR, BIS, EAR, HTS, etc.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to speak/write clearly, consistently and articulately, and present to a varied audience
- Ability to prioritize work and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make independent decisions, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment
- Team player, willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed
SonoSite Inc. - 12 months ago