Under general supervision the Suddenlink Traffic Coordinator is responsible for
all facets of scheduling, tracking, airing, and/or billing of commercials on cable
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding
schedule change forms; prepares client schedules; organizes and
- Prepares and processes daily contracts and confirmation forms and
maintain traffic working files.
for each of the system’s channels that carry advertising; debriefs daily logs
- Preparation and creation of the daily program logs and traffics the spots
(post and computer), log adjustments, make goods, exceptions, catalog
lists and log verifications. Creates the daily event list download by the
playback operators. Is responsible for formatting of the network skeletons.
programming and software updates. Responsible for the software
- Be proficient with the Traffic and Billing Software and conduct
maintenance, ensuring T&B is running correctly, and work with software
vendor to find improvements and solve problems.
inventory, sales reports, and system performance reports.
- Responsible for performing the tasks of the tape process.
- Responsible for the printing and distribution of daily reports including
orders, writing orders, trafficking and other related duties.
- Assists National Sales Manager with national advertising and house
including co-op and promotional. Responsible for preparation of month
- Creates invoice affidavits for the proper billing of advertising customers
end closing reports from traffic and billing. Works with Business Manager
and Accounting Specialist in month end closing and serves as back up
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation or other protected group status.
the Operations Manager, Local Sales Manager, Advertising Sales
- Coordinates the traffic portion of new channel additions or changes with
Engineer and General Manager.
- Assists in any or all other office functions as necessary.
- Liaison between traffic and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate in person, telephone or written
- Ability to sort and distribute materials
- Ability to use reasoning to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to read, write and communicate orally
- Near vision acuity required for extensive use of PC, calculator and
a PC keyboard calculator, fax and other standard office machines
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers to use
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
especially in Excel, Word, and database management
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer and Microsoft Office products,
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively
- Strong people and relationship management skills
- Ability to perform duties with attention to detail and high degree of
- Ability to utilize audio/video tapes, editing and compiling equipment
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Traffic and general office work
- General office experience required
- Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
- Exposure to typical office environment