Responsibilities: Primary Purpose
Provide coordination among Operations, Sales and Purchasing for inbound shipments to optimize costs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the movement of inbound, third party orders, Stock Transfer Orders and Customer Stock Transfer Orders to meet customer requirements.
- Schedule inbound package and bulk shipments
- Participate in logistics planning processes
- Provide input and or approve freight exceptions on freight bills and purchase orders
- Assist the branch locations with communications with carriers when issues arise
- Actively support and assist branches when freight damage occurs where freight claims
Qualifications: Specialized Knowledge/Skills
- Makes recommendations with regard to transportation equipment, routing, carrier selection and assists sales to meet all customer requirements
- Provide all transportation related support to field locations as needed (may involve travel to individual sites on occasion)
equivalent business experience
- 3-5 Years Purchasing, Operations or Transportation Experience within Univar USA or
To Apply: Please email your resume to: Jim.Cook@univarusa.com.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations and carriers
- Prior experience with a Transportation Management System (TMS) with preference towards Oracle Transportation Management
- Outstanding organization skill and ability to prioritize emergency situations related to transportation
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with people inside and outside of the organization successfully
Univar - 13 months ago
Univar USA has an unvarying devotion to distributing chemicals across the US. The company, a regional unit of global chemical wholesaler...