Garver is seeking a qualified Traffic Engineer to add to our growing Transportation Design team. This position will perform traffic studies, signal design and timing plans, maintenance of traffic plans, signing, striping, and ITS plans.
This engineer will also perform quantity calculations, QA/QC checking, preparation of reports, roadway design and contract plans production.
Additional duties include:
- Project Management through assisting to define/identify project scopes and the associated level of effort to complete the project.
- Maintaining a client-focused, service attitude by tracking budgets, assigning tasks and keeping projects on schedule.
- Client Marketing for business development and assisting in preparing proposal and interviews.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills with a commitment to becoming a key member of this highly productive design team. This Traffic Engineer will have the opportunity to be located in any of Garver's 17 regional offices and will be supervised by a Senior Project Manager.
Garver offers outstanding advancement opportunity, professional mentorship and career growth.
Desired locations for this position would be in the Kansas City Metro , Norman , Tulsa , Frisco , Brandon or North Little Rock Garver offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in transportation/traffic
- 5+ years design experience in transportation projects with a strong emphasis on traffic specific projects
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Working knowledge of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Green Book, the Roadside Design Guide, the Highway Capacity Manual, and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office,
- Working knowledge of Microstation and traffic simulation programs (VISSIM, CORSIM, etc.), Synchro and HCS
- Experience in analyzing and designing intersections, interchanges, and roundabouts
- Master’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in marketing and managing local government projects
- Transportation planning and travel demand modeling experience
- Certification as a PTOE
Garver - 14 months ago
Garver is a multi-disciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm committed to quality practices, progressive methods,...