· BS or MS in Civil Engineering (transportation emphasis preferred)
· Texas P.E. preferred, EIT required
· 3-5 years industry experience
· Good working knowledge of traffic analysis software, including Synchro, HCS, Arc GIS, VISSIM, TransCad
· Knowledge of State and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
We have an immediate opening for the right individual to join our fast growing Traffic Engineering Services Group in the downtown Houston office in the role of Traffic Engineer.
In this position, the Traffic Engineer will work with a team of engineers and technicians designing and producing a variety of traffic engineering design projects. The responsibilities will include assisting in analysis, design and implementation of traffic engineering projects such as traffic impact studies, traffic operations studies, capacity analysis, traffic signal design, signal timing, signing, striping, lighting and traffic control plans.
In this role as a consulting engineer, excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Working knowledge of traffic analysis software (Synchro, HCS, Arc GIS, VISSIM, TransCad) is essential. An understanding of local agency rules and regulations a plus.
Great client service capability is a must. Technical specialization and proactivity are pluses.
In addition to the above responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to participate in our in-house staff learning and development program, MOORELearning.
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should complete the online application that begins here.