Traffic Operations Specialists
Full Time - Shift
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter to join our Milwaukee, WI staff as a Traffic Operations Center Operator I. The candidate will be involved in managing traffic congestion, planned events and unplanned incidents in a Statewide Traffic Operations Center. Although typically working under supervision, the candidate must be capable of directing his/her own work, implementing response plans as outlined in standard operating procedures and coordinating with personnel both within and outside the facility. The Traffic Operations Center is a 24/7 facility and Atkins is looking to hire several Full-Time and Part-Time Operators with flexibility to work across all of the shifts described below.
The standard shift times are as follows:
1st shift - 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM
2nd shift - 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
3rd shift - 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
In addition to the standard shift times, employees are expected to work weekend hours on a rotating basis. For interested candidates, part time weekend-only shift positions are also available.
The typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- To monitor congestion and incident information using various tools, systems, traffic reports and information feeds.
- To create identified incident information in systems, notify appropriate personnel, and provide additional responses as required.
To actively review or implement traffic management through the use of control room and traffic operations tools.
- To activate alerts or other messages for incident response as appropriate.
- To receive and respond to emails, or re-direct to appropriate staff as necessary.
- To coordinate with other DOT agencies and partners.
- To research, identify and review planned construction, maintenance, special events and activities as required.
- To assist with data collection to include in monthly reports, travel speed and travel time reports, incident reports and any other reports that are requested.
- To perform such other assignments as the supervisor may deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
High school diploma (or equivalent); one year related experience in dispatch center or 911 operations is preferred; experience in a position involving public contact and telephone responsibilities preferred.
Must have proficient computer skills.
Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
Must have good command of the English language.
Ability to perform in a professional and courteous manner, and remain friendly while under pressure.
Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
Atkins - 14 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...