This position directs the programs, practices, policies and employees of the Signing and Marking section of the Traffic Services division in the Street Transportation Department. Supervision is exercised over technical, semiskilled and clerical employees performing work related to the construction, installation and maintenance of traffic signs and street markings. Duties include evaluating and determining the budgetary needs and priorities of the section, including equipment, staffing and materials; monitoring and maintaining overall inventory levels for supplies, vehicles and equipment, and overseeing their purchase, operation, and storage; writing reports for management or other administrative areas regarding such subjects as product research, work plans and activities, and operational problems; and recommending personnel actions related to areas such as discipline, performance review, leaves of absence, grievances, and work schedules and assignments. Currently there is one position in the Street Transportation Department.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
– The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in street construction, maintenance and repair work, including three years of experience at a supervisory level.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Requires working outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
- NICET Certification.
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor and/or Traffic Control Technician Certification.
- Experience supervising a unionized work group.
City of Phoenix - 16 months ago