Responsible for Shipping & Receiving Departments and warehouse planning.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Warehouse planning.
- Directly supervise shipping and receiving employees to ensure all aspect of the traffic departments meet company expectations.
- Work closely with production scheduler to ensure deadlines for shipping product.
- Responsible for freight analysis, ensuring trucks are scheduled and shipped on time.
- Responsible for multi-shipping sites.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves material/financial data.
- Maintains reports, records, and documentation that reflect both department activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position held within the shipping and receiving field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or/and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, and resolving problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to sit at a desk and operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- This position may involve some exposure to excessively hot or cold environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...