The purpose of this position is to manage and oversee the daily traffic operation for the Advertising Sales Division of Suddenlink Media. Responsible for functions necessary for scheduling commercial spots. Ensures that commercials are aired in a timely and correct manner. Traffic Manager to lead all traffic operations involved in commercial insertion on a multi-channel, multi-zone, multi-location system by monitoring and implementation of procedures. Traffic Manager looks for gains in efficiency in all areas of traffic and billing. In addition this position analyzes and reports on critical business data for multiple site locations in areas such as inventory, rate cards, sellout percentages, network programming information, fulfillment percentages, and system performance reports. In addition this position analyzes and reports on critical business data for multiple site locations in areas such as inventory, rate cards, sellout percentages, network programming information, fulfillment percentages, and system performance reports in order to make sound business decisions. This position reports to the Manager, Traffic and Billing.
• Responsible for managing and scheduling personnel necessary to complete traffic and billing functions as well as complete periodic performance reviews
• Manage the inventory tracking and revenue reporting systems
• Ensure effective communication between Sales and Traffic Departments to assure proper notification of all issues relating to accurate completion of clients’ schedules
• Develop and implement procedures to ensure efficient department performance
• Train and develop staff
• Periodically evaluates and updates operational procedures to ensure efficient flow of information throughout the department
• Plan and implement processes to ensure the department’s ability to handle technological advancement in the industry and changing sales needs
• Maximizes revenue potential and productivity through continual monitoring of the system, inventory and procedures and implementing new procedures to increase efficiency.
• Acts as a positive conduit between Account Executives, Marketing, Business, and Playback. In addition acts as information source for all departments.
• Contributes to the company-wide goals of the organization by participating in corporate-sponsored initiatives, meetings, and projects.
• Assures accurate and detailed billing information by coordinating billing, AE reports, and sales management tools.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor degree strongly preferred; advanced degree a plus.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to supervise and motivate others
• Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks
• Knowledge of cable television products and services
• Knowledge of traffic and billing systems and related functions and terms
• Minimum 4 years supervisory experience required.
• Experience in technical operations support for a sales environment preferred.
• Understanding of budgets and general accounting preferred.
• Strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving difficult problems of a procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
• Strong oral and written communications skills and interface skills.
• A minimum of 2 years media traffic experience
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Essential Job Functions:
• This is an internal customer support position that occasionally requires long hours.
• Must be able to type 40 WPM
• Ability to use a calculator, PC, CRT, typewriter and other standard office machines.
• Ability to work in a climate controlled, air processed environment.
Suddenlink - 12 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...