Trimac Transportation Inc. requires a Traffic Supervisor for the Detroit, MI Terminal.
Reporting to the Operations and Branch Manager, the Traffic Supervisor is an exempt position that is responsible for the daily scheduling of company and independent contracted resources to meet customer requirements, focusing on maximizing payload and utility in a safe manner.
In accordance with current Operating Standards, Company Policies and Procedures and in the best interests of the Company its customers, contractors, employees and the Public, the Traffic Supervisors responsibilities include:
• Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely
• Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately as they relate to:
o Drivers ability to perform his duties effectively
o Opportunities that would increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer
o Dispatch drivers using a fair and consistent approach
• Coordinate the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment utility and payload while maintaining a high level of customer service
• Coordinate the servicing and inspection of branch equipment daily with the shop personnel
• Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required
• Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in TMW in an accurate and timely fashion
• Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily
• Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements
• Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately
• Service failure reports are recorded in TMW and brought to the attention of the Area Manager or designate
Safety & Regulatory
• Ensure that the driver has adequate time to perform his duties safely and within the Hours of Work regulations
• Ensure all drivers and equipment meet regulatory and corporate compliance
•Assign the proper equipment for the jurisdiction and the job requirements
• Two to three years of related experience and/or training
• Good knowledge for transportation industry
• Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable
• Advanced communication/customer service skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Experience in computerized environment
• Mandatory - High School Diploma
• Preferred - Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation for...