The award-winning St. Edward’s University Marketing Office is an in-house agency providing integrated marketing services including strategy development, advertising, print collateral, direct-response marketing, web and email marketing, media and public relations, event planning and market research. This position reports to the Director of Marketing Services and works closely with the account services, creative and PR teams. The St. Edward’s Marketing Office’s mission is to communicate the St. Edward’s story to increase engagement, attract resources and achieve the university’s goals.
Schedule and track all marketing projects, including print, email, web and video projects using Workamajig project management software. Create and manage schedules and work closely with the account and creative teams to verify project specifications.
Recommend and lead continuous process improvement of standards and procedures.
Serve as the liaison to printers, mail houses and other vendors to secure estimates for marketing projects. Maintain solid working relationships with vendors to receive the most cost-effective products and services in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure projects stay on track and are delivered on time. Continually communicate project status and upcoming deadlines to the marketing team.
- Keep team aware of key milestones and deadlines, and communicate changing resources and project requirements.
- Serve as production expert at select client meetings.
- Test and broadcast email campaigns through web-based email marketing software.
- Manage the process for and make monthly website updates on the university’s recruiting site.
- Make simple design updates and revisions to existing InDesign files.
- Review digital and printer proofs for overall accuracy, clarity, content, registration and color.
- Possible supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, project management or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an agency setting in a traffic manager and/or production manager role.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand the inner-workings of different teams.
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling and punctuation; editing skills and familiarity with Associated Press style a plus.
- Basic knowledge of CMS and WYSIWYG editors a plus.
- Technical understanding of Adobe InDesign and Acrobat.
- Ability to relate to and work with marketing team members, clients and vendors from across disciplines.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Can comfortably handle ambiguity and change.
- Demonstrates good judgment, composure and personal responsibility.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.