Duties & Responsibilities:
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 11 young adults completing service and conservation projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front Range. Project examples are trail construction and maintenance, fencing, campground improvements, noxious weed eradication, wildlife habitat improvements and public land
maintenance and clean up.
• May be required to participate in Make a Difference Day, October 26, 2013.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement, healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember Handbooks.
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• High school or GED graduate.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
• Available for a minimum of 450 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
• Able to be on time and maintain a minimum of 90% attendance rate through term of service.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public lands.
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in work projects, and education.
• Must be willing to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code. Uniforms will be provided.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the Youth Corp philosophy.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
Mile High Youth Corps Land Conservation Programs are Tobacco Free
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mile High Youth Corps is committed to the inclusion of members with all levels of ability. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion
- 2 years ago - save job