The PB Transit and Rail Systems Group is seeking a Train Control Engineer to join the Engineering Management Team of the California High-Speed Train Project. The position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering and will work with the Train Control Lead to develop criteria and specifications and integrate them with other technical requirements for the project. Project responsibilities and duties will include:
1) Train Control system design and specifications development, technical reviews of designs, program plans, specifications, construction submittals, etc.
2) The work would primarily be focused on the California High-Speed Train Project, but would also include other light rail, heavy rail and/or commuter rail projects.
3) Work location would include both home office and short term travel to the project sites and/or other cities installing or planning to install rail transit systems.
1) Minimum 5-7 years engineering experience with transit authorities, signaling manufacturing or engineering firm, or equivalent developing train control systems conceptual designs, preliminary engineering, and/or final design packages including design criteria, drawings and specifications, procurement package development and vendor proposal evaluation. Specific listing of project experience and writing samples required (sensitive information including client names and similar may be sanitized).
2) Expertise in several phases of the systems development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, factory, field and acceptance testing.
3) Familiar with Mass Transit/Railroad operating concepts.
4) Understanding of FRA regulations and AREMA standards and practices.
5) Proficiency in IT applications, MS Word, Excel, and Visio required.
1) A Bachelor degree in electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
2) P.E. license - CA preferred.
3) Ability to work in this country immediately required.
1) Ability to complete work on time to high quality with minor supervision.
2) Ability to work in team environment.
3) Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, supervisors, team members and suppliers.
4) Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to use structured methods to identify root causes, create resolution options, evaluate impacts and implement the selected solution.
5) Ability to work with minor supervision and to conduct oneself in all project and company matters according to approved policies and procedures in a professional manner.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...