Train Operations Supervisors manage the day-to-day operation of the territory/terminal and train crews to ensure on-time performance of trains and to meet CN's service commitments to its customers.
Critical performance areas include the following but may vary depending on location and circumstances:
- Manage transportation operations, including compliance with safe work procedures and practices as well as deliver a high level of productivity and customer service.
- Lead people with clear direction and goals and provide coaching and guidance to employees through regular monitoring of employee performance.
- Apply collective agreement(s) and company policies when carrying out their duties, including managing and coaching employees, conducting investigations, recommending corrective action, and responding to grievances.
- Manage budgets and workforce productivity within CN policy and its Five Guiding Principles
- Irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Combination of office work and working outdoors in varying weather and environmental conditions.
- May be relocated if necessary.
- Ensure safe work procedures and policies.
- Meet deadlines, interface with senior management.
- Travel for company business, at times without advance notice.
- Respond to unexpected or emergency situations
- Experience in supervising a unionized workforce.
- Proven track record in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated history/ experience in safety compliance.
- Valid driver's license.
- Predictable, reliable attendance.
- High School diploma or equivalent General Education Diploma (GED).
- Relevant work experience in similar working conditions or regulatory/safety environment.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Labor relations experience i.e. interpretation of collective agreements, response to grievances, negotiations with union representatives, discipline, etc.
- Training or certification in a Railroad Operating Signals
- Post-secondary education.
- Basic computer skills.
The ideal candidate profile:
- Energetic, ability to work autonomously, adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and situations and manage stressful situations.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, can motivate others to achieve set objectives and maintains positive interactions.
Good leadership skills – supervising, mentoring, coaching.
- Is result-focused, gives clear directions and prioritizes daily tasks.
- Excellent English verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and client satisfaction.
- Understand and apply safety standards, policies and procedures, collective agreements as well as Operating Rules
Canadian National Railway
- 13 months ago - save job