Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is seeking highly driven individuals to grow their sales career with us as a
Trainee Territory Manager
What We Offer
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the world, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll make sure we help you achieve your own goals along the way. We deliver our Trainee Territory Managers a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Base salary, paid overtime & comprehensive benefits.
- 401(k) & employee share purchase plan, both with company matching.
- Paid relocation (where applicable).
- Ongoing sales training and professional development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Grab your steel-toed boots! In this program, you’ll train to become a Territory Manager (outside sales rep) for Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. You’ll be exposed to 12 months of hands-on learning, surrounding every aspect of the auction business: yard operations, heavy equipment inspections and appraisals, customer service, marketing, and sales and territory management. Key requirements for this program include:
It’s important to note that:
- A life-long fascination with construction equipment: if you were always the first kid into the sandbox and the last kid out, this could be your dream career.
- We need you to be adventurous and
. We may ask you to move up to
: once for training, and once more into a permanent territory in another city or region of the East, US. (Click here to see our US/Canada locations: http://bit.ly/fD6r04)
- Graduation from a post-secondary education program is preferred, ideally with a major in Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Business Admin, Construction, or Agriculture.
- 1 - 3 years of post-grad work experience is required. Introductory experience in commission sales or managing your own small business is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills in English.
- You have a track-record of setting your own goals, and then meeting or beating them -- but you never sacrifice your personal integrity along the way.
- You’re a true people person. You have a natural curiosity about absolutely everyone you meet.
- You have a strong learning ability, coupled with a desire to learn more about everything around you.
- You’re a self-starter. Sitting still and waiting to be told what to do next just isn’t in your nature.
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
- This is not an “8 to 5” job. As an event-driven company, overtime is a major part of what we do.
- Overnight travel will be required up to 50% of the time.
- You'll have to maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- You must be able to work outside for extended periods in all types of weather.
- You must be able to climb on top of and under large construction equipment.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 20 months ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...