To provide leadership, direction, and assistance for safety and comfort to passengers on board our aircraft, while working independently and as part of a team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exemplary customer service to all aspects of the cabin
- Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers
- Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations
- Assist passengers and fellow crew members during emergency situations
- Provide special assistance to passengers, including stowing luggage in overhead compartments, emergency medical aid, and wheelchair assistance
- Prepare/serve meals and beverages; sell onboard liquor, duty-free items, and other items
- Write detailed reports pertaining to flight incidents
- Interact with a wide variety of people from a broad range of cultures
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of passenger bags and catering needs
- Airport operations in all types of weather
- Long periods of standing and talking
- Airport ramp operations are noisy and can be hazardous without due caution
- Extensive travel; must be able to spend consecutive nights away from home
- Alternative work schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- 2+ years proven experience in hands on, client facing, customer service delivery. Prior flight attendant and/or airline experience is not required or necessary.
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
- Able to read and speak English fluently; second language is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing or extreme hair color or style
- Height and weight must be proportionate such that it does not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, harness without modification, cabin aisle and emergency exits)
- Ability to push or pull moveable carts, which weigh as much as 200 lbs
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs., such as galley stowage bins and carry-on baggage
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs.
- Must have the ability to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by US Airways without restriction
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training
US Airways is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
US Airways Group takes wing as one of the nation's leading passenger carriers. Along with its regional affiliates, US...