The Trainer will report to the Compliance Manager. This position will manage the compliance training function to ensure legal and regulatory compliance by all University employees, including personnel who manage any and all financial and human resources. The Trainer will work with internal and external subject matter experts as well as academic and administrative management to design and deliver stand up as well as web-based compliance training for all University personnel, including principal investigators. This position will also deliver and facilitate training sessions. This position will conduct needs assessments and evaluations to measure instruction, learning, and program effectiveness. This position will design and conduct Quality Assurance Reviews (audits) for all University managers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop stand up and on-line content and training programs, including learning modules, blended learning and instructor led courses, training materials, resources and assessments (participant workbooks, tests/quizzes, job aids and visual aids)- based on regulatory and legal compliance requirements (i.e. FERPA, Sarbanes Oxley, The Federal Sentencing Guidelines).
- Deliver course content and facilitate compliance training and professional development activities to diverse populations of employees and management, including senior level management and faculty.
- Build collaborative relationships with academic and administrative management to become a trusted source for ongoing compliance-related training and development as well as Quality Assurance initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Director of Internal Audit or designee to ensure appropriate communication with managers about the QAR results, particularly where compliance exceptions are anticipated or noted.
- Conduct QAR’s, including overseeing the completion of required work papers and reports.
- Provide training and support to budget authorities in functional areas to enhance their compliance efforts.
- Coach and train budget managers about effective controls in order to establish and maintain compliance with the University's Management Standards (policies) and Code of Conduct as well as with regulatory requirements.
- Supervise student compliance auditor.
- Ensure that all training projects are conducted within budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years of experience as either a budget manager or designee.
- 3+ years of experience with designing and delivering compliance-related training and Quality Assurance Reviews or internal audits.
- Excellent coaching, verbal presentation and training skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent presentation and process facilitation skills, the ability to analyze processes and situations and independently develop improvement strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time for program delivery and periodically lift training materials and/or equipment.
- Experience in higher education or similar not-for-profit setting.
- Database skills.
- Some accounting, financial management or business management experience.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission.
DePaul University - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard