Develops, administers and maintains training materials and training records for personnel working in real- time operations of the electrical transmission system or in support of the system. Includes training in standards, personnel development and intermediate system operations related to the electrical transmission system. Provides assistance and support to others in the department.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Conducts training for the Operations Control Room (OCR) staff using classroom instruction, guest speakers, computer simulation, field observation, testing and on-the-job training.
- Designs, develops and delivers training modules, manuals materials, job aids, lesson plans and policies and procedures related to intermediate transmission system operations for training.
- Assists with preparing performance improvement plans to correct operating skill deficiencies identified by OCR Management, with additional targeted training and testing for verification.
- Assists with maintaining detailed records of all aspects of training, in compliance with Regional Reliability Organization (RRO) and North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) requirements.
- Assists with administering training simulations for various system and non-system emergency scenarios that affect Company personnel.
- Assists with analyzing system operating events to determine where improvements can be made in future operations or support tools.
- Participates in skill and method enhancement training by attending seminars, classes and meetings to learn new skills and methods of instruction.
- Assists in developing criteria, administering classes and testing for OCR personnel to maintain or obtain NERC Systems Operator certification.
- Designs, develops, delivers and documents general skills (i.e. human performance, oral and written communications) and standards training for personnel development.
- Regular travel to Ann Arbor facility.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Training and Development, Instructional Design or Adult Learning preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a training role, consisting of technical or electric industry training that utilizes instructional design based in a Systematic Approach to Training and/or four (4) years of experience as a Transmission System Operator or equivalent experience.
- NERC System Operator Reliability Coordinator (RC) Certification or ability to obtain RC certification within six (6) months of hire required.
- Experience complying with NERC reliability standards and/or the NERC certification and continuing education program preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed scripts and scenarios for simulator training preferred.
- Solid classroom delivery skills with the ability to motivate and capture the attention of adult learners.
- Proficiency in utilizing instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp., through its Regulated Operating Subsidiaries, International Transmission Company (ITCTransmission), Michigan Electric...