Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred or minimum of three to five years related experience with physician billing, reimbursement, and third party regulations.
Strong understanding of physician billing regulations and procedures.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Organized, analytical and detail oriented.
Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
Able to work collaboratively and independently.
Ability to identify problems and find creative, effective solutions.
Able to balance multiple priorities.
Strong personal computer skills (especially Excel and MS Word and PowerPoint).
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Trainer/QI Coordinator performs two major functions. From a Trainer perspective, this individual acclimates new hires to the MSO specific business/billing nuances that are not necessarily communicated during the employee’s new hire training. The Trainer also acts as the business liaison with the self-pay billing department; providing updates from the MSO that will impact this department as well as receiving information from the self-pay billing department. The Trainer disseminates this information within the MSO/network to help ensure consistent communication and seamless processing and customer service. The Trainer/QI Coordinator also is responsible for the MSO’s Quality Improvement Program which entails developing specific quality review criteria, the execution of the program (in concert with the sectional Team Leads), and the compilation and analysis of results and trends. Any deficiencies identified through the QI Program are addressed by the Trainer to the affected parties in the form of training sessions, procedural correspondence or staff meetings.
Develops, delivers and updates (as needed) relevant training courses designed to:
• Educate on specific nuances of MSO billing
• Boost quality and productivity results
• Build computer software competencies
• Enhance effective resource utilization
• Educate on new/revised policies & procedures or workflows
• Support core competency value and performance
Some aspects of this training will be consistent across all MSO job roles and other pieces will be unique for the employee’s job function. Some training will be targeted to the practice staff while most training will be designed for MSO staff. Training techniques are not limited to, but include, classroom training, online training, job aids, and one-on-one training.
2. Is the designated MSO Certified Trainer for Epic. Maintains certification by participation in all required activities as defined by CHOP for the Certified Trainers. Develops, updates, and delivers Epic training/re-training to all MSO employees. Develops and delivers training for Epic upgrades or system enhancements.
3. Develops the annual MSO QI plan that sets the course of the QI work planned for the year. In collaboration with the sectional Team Leads, develops specific criteria for what will be reviewed and what the quality criteria is. Ensures that all affected staff understand what is being reviewed and what constitutes “correct versus incorrect”. Provide support and direction to the Team Leads and Supervisors regarding disputes and questions. Compiles and reports results, trends and recommendations to the program.
4. Works with designated individuals within the self-pay billing department to share information that affects the other department so that customer service is not compromised and processing is streamlined and efficient. Identifies areas that are the root cause of customer dissatisfaction, incorrect patient billing, and delays in processing. Implements creative solutions to resolve the issues and enhance overall communication.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...