Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its corporate Human Resources team. With more than 2000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M is seeking a Training & Development Manager for our NY corporate headquarters. This position will report ot the head of Human Resources.
- Collaborate with business leaders to idenify training needs and design effective training programs (both live and virtual) to meet the needs identified
- Conduct post-training evaluations to measure effectiveness of programs; modify programs as needed; track and report on training attendance and measured results.
- Manage ongoing training efforts such as various new hire orientations, as well as anti-harassment training programs.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing of initiatives and training materials across lines of business.
- Coordinate A&M University, an annual cross-firm off-site training event; responsible for all logistics, manage various vendors, and guide each line of business through curriculum and team building development.
- Source, negotiate contracts and manage external vendors such as training companies, hotel and events providers, and executive coaches.
- Manage the firm’s performance management process across all lines of business, providing guidance to leadership on reviewing employees (both individually and through 360 reviews) and by linking training initiatives to performance reviews.
- Manage the technical aspects of the performance review system (via SharePoint) and guide employees on review submission process as necessary.
- Assist employees with recertification and licensing.
- Interact with state and national accrediting agencies and managing renewals of the firm’s professional license sponsorships, ensuring all licenses are up to date and providing necessary information for audits and in doing so, ensure that the firms programs are compliant with continuing education guidelines.
- Execute new HR initiatives such as diversity, affinity groups, employee engagement & retention in collaboration with other HR groups and managers.
- Implement an internal Learning Management System (LMS) to be used by employees across the firm.
- Manage one full-time direct report.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred. Preferred coursework focused on Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources or another related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a corporate or business setting. Experience within a human resources or training department of a professional services firm preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in training or learning function.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility/openness to change
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
- Prior experience in performance management/employee reviews a plus.
- Familiarity with LMS, as well as virtual learning platforms such as WebEx a plus.
- Prior management experience a plus
Alvarez & Marsal - 11 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...