Autodie LLC has more than 40 years of experience in fulfilling customer needs for automotive metal forming technologies. We offer local expertise for project management, engineering, machining, die construction, tryout, engineering change incorporation, buy-off and launch support. Our dedicated workforce has an average of 17 years seniority.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Training & Development Specialist.
The Training & Development Specialist develops, coordinates, implements and administers quality, cost-effective programs in all industrial and corporate developmental training. The goal is to ensure employee safety and productivity by designing and delivering world class learning and on the job training solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses training needs and develops program curriculum for customized programs. Ensures programs are designed and modified according to strategic operating objectives and state and federal requirements.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Operations departments to understand job skill requirements and to deliver training programs that increase workforce performance.
- Utilizes outside agencies, schools or other teaching professionals to conduct specific education and training associated with apprenticeships, upgrader programs and all other required training in Tool & Die, CNC Machining and associated departments with approved metal-trades apprenticeship and upgrader programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with educational, institutional and industry partners.
- Secures instructors, initiates documents and schedules/coordinates facilities and resources for corporate training and special projects.
- Develops and maintains Learning Management System
- Tests and evaluates apprentice and upgrader candidates for entry into the associated training programs.
- Supervises apprentice and upgrader schedules and education in conjunction with the associated committees.
- Works with various agencies regarding program certifications or credit.
- Maintains training records and provides data required for Corporate Sustainability and Compliance.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training.
- Conducts/Coordinates New Employee Orientation/Onboarding and makes appropriate modifications as needed.
- Advises management on training matters and reports on progress of participants and status of programs to management as required.
- Monitors expenditures of funds budgeted for all corporate training and special projects.
- Researches and pursues available training grants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 4 Year Degree, ideally in teaching, human resources, organizational development, communications, public administration or business administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience with state and federal apprenticeship programs helpful.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and have a drive for action, results and continuous improvement.
- Strong initiative and ability to thrive and produce with minimal direct supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Project Management skills - ability to plan and supervise projects, analyze and evaluate conditions.
- Strong listening, oral, written and general communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, Internet and database navigation.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
General office environment and a schedule to include variable office hours depending on schedule commitments. Extended work hours may be expected during peak periods. Minimal travel required.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Autodie LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC located just north of downtown Grand Rapids, is a leader in the design and...