This position will be responsible for training and instructional design. Programming experience preferred (experience with C, C++, C#.NET, or XBase). The position will be responsible for the design and delivery of a variety of training courses and documentation for Emdeon Operations employees in Implementation and Customer Support. Involves creating pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement in individual, team, business unit and organizational performance. Specific duties include analysis, preparation and facilitation of training courses both live and on-line and the modification and improvement of existing programs as needed. The position will develop testing and evaluation procedures and recommend modifications as necessary to ensure effectiveness of programs. Also involves miscellaneous duties related to training and development as needed. The position requires strong project management skills as the candidate will be responsible for managing multiple training initiatives and interacting with multiple departments, including Operations, Product, Marketing, and IT. Requires excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills. Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts and principles is required along with knowledge of adult learning. Excellent verbal/written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationship building are a must. Also requires information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives. Solid time management skills, computer competence and the ability to use media effectively. Ability to prioritize and organize workflow. An understanding of corporate etiquette and the ability to ask the right questions to understand true business needs is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning preferred.
• Graduate degree preferred, but not required. Experience accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting, leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle and producing creative learning solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the ADDIE design model.
• Demonstrated research and analysis skills.
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing complex learning solutions.
• Strong consulting capability with strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Strong level of professionalism, executive presence and credibility; able to effectively challenge and influence peers and customers.
• Familiar with current learning and performance industry standards, approaches, and innovations. Connected with professional organizations and maintains accessibility to industry resources.
Chamberlin Edmonds - 9 months ago
Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 years of...