Training & Development Specialist
Human Resources is working with Network Services to find a qualified individual to fill a new position – Training & Development Specialist. This position can be located in Walnut Creek and/or remote.
This position holds accountability for supporting the growth, development and training of the clinical networks composed of network managers, medical directors, medical specialist consultants and clinical specialists. Incumbent will participate in the application and interviewing process with new businesses, individual candidates and others as requested. Participate in the credentialing committee for review. Conduct onsite initial orientation training and provides ongoing training and development for business associate companies and individuals. Develop new training materials as needed for training. Provide precepting for new licensed clinical staff and consultants. Develop, implement, and maintain training resources and materials used for orientation, precepting and ongoing training for all clinical networks team members. Assists with training programs for the global networks including monthly bulletins and conference calls and other company sponsored training programs. Represents clinical networks roles when participating in pilot projects and quality assurance efforts. Coordinates and participates in meetings as needed to represent Network Services with internal/external staff. Attend all company mandated training. Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess the following education and skill sets:
Frequent business related travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health related field.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) preferred with active, unrestricted licensure.
- 7-10 years experience in catastrophic injury and chronic pain management
- demonstrated knowledge of case management services provided for catastrophically injured individuals with CCM certification preferable.
- Through knowledge of healthcare delivery systems, standards of care for catastrophic diagnoses, case management, public and private resources required.
- Prior experience with recruiting, candidate selection and training preferred.
- Prior experience with mentoring, skill development, and teaching the adult learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex material for training and utilize negotiation/conflict resolution skills to resolve issues.
- Intermediate computer skills including working knowledge of the Internet, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and other tools/programs utilized for distance learning and webinar presentations.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Ability to analyze workflow and make recommendations for changing processes (e.g., simplifying) as appropriate.
- Awareness of jurisdictional regulations impacting patient care management, confidentiality and return to work.
- Follows standards of practice for case management for ethical and legal issues.
Paradigm Management Services - 14 months ago