5+ years of experience
- Job Summary
- Accountable for effectively managing/coordinating education resource services, collaborates with department directors, supervisors and managers to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and follow-up educational and other services/activities for all internal and external customers that are driven by strategic performance needs of the organization. (Includes but not limited to staff development, leadership development, team building, computer training, education record management, and affiliation agreements with outside educational institutions).
- Collaborates with professionals and across all departments to ensure that a comprehensive plan to optimize human resource talent. Collaborates with senior management, department heads, multi-disciplinary teams, and other customers to ensure adequate educational resources and services to enhance attainment of organizational goals and objectives. Functions with limited supervision, utilizing independent and collaborative decision-making. Accountability will be monitored through direct observations, achievement of goals and performance improvement activities.
- Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Education, Business, Organization Development or Health Sciences. Masters degree preferred.
- Five years experience required in adult education (healthcare, secondary or collegiate). Experience in a management/leadership role in healthcare and/or adult education is desired.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of educational process and theory from assessment through evaluation, utilizing principles of adult learning.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and abilities to design and evaluate multi-level clinical/non-clinical curricula.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care issues and trends, ability to apply new concepts and initiate changes within the organization.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of Organizational Development processes and functions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement courses/programs in leadership at multiple organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and effectively utilize policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills that promote an empowered work environment and multi disciplinary collaboration.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple problems solving models and data analysis, with knowledge of performance improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and evaluate financial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively select, train, lead and develop others and evaluate performance of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with TJC and HR Standards related to Competency Evaluation and Performance Improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with stress in self and others.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including word processing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the community and collegiate facilities to negotiate Contracts
- Demonstrates problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Physical Demands
- Requires standing for long periods of time while teaching. It is required to have the ability to sit for long periods of time working on a personal computer. Excellent eyesight, hearing, and vocal skills are required in order to conduct facilitator/instructor duties in the classroom. Performing moderate heavy lifting, carrying and pulling of materials to training locations on site and off site is required.