The Organization : The Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, not-for-profit organization with a mission to work with individuals, communities, courts and other institutions to manage and resolve conflict. CCR accomplishes this mission by offering mediation services and conflict management training. CCR's services and programs are carried out by a roster of approximately 140 volunteer mediators and 14 staff, under the direction of a 22 member Board of Directors. For more information, visit our website at www.ccrchicago.org.
Position Description : The Training Assistant provides extensive training support as well as supports the office with reception responsibilities and office management. This position will report to the Training Director. The Training Assistant acts as a liaison between the training department and all other aspects of the organization. Candidates must be computer literate, have good verbal skills, customer-service oriented, handle multiple tasks, be extremely organized and be detail-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Training Support - Manage all logistics and details of the training process, including, but not limited to:
- Handle registration process for all training programs (inquiries, data base entry, payment/balance due, correspondence, etc.)
- Copy and compile folders and prepare nameplates for meetings and trainings
- Prepare all training handouts and exercises
- Prepare certificates (MCLE and CEU)
- Schedule trainers/coaches for trainings
- Set up Training Room space(s)
- Map out simulation schedule
- Re-draft, reformat and proofread training handouts, worksheets, simulations and proposals
- Play parties in demonstrations and simulations
- Greet visitors
- Check in mediation parties and escort to mediation room
- Exhibit the highest level of preparation for all interactions with volunteers, staff, and training participants
- Create an atmosphere of hospitality, welcome and support for CCR training participants, clients and volunteers
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree preferred. Position requires a solid understanding of computer systems and office equipment, knowledge of MS Office software (especially Word, Excel, Access and mail merge) and of administrative/clerical procedures. Ability to update websites and experience with social media platforms is a plus.
- Coordinate all catering orders (for training and other programs)
- Track and order office supplies and kitchen/food orders
- Prepare and maintain master calendar of special events and trainings
- Manage ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Display exceptional project management and communication skills, including returning all calls and emails within one business day
- Develop ownership of all internal and external training functions and operate effectively while the Training Director is offsite
- Demonstrate high self-discipline and strong work ethic with an ability to manage in an independent work setting
- Demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills
The Exceptional Candidate:
Hours, Benefits, and Salary : This is a full-time position with medical, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a 401(k) plan available. Salary in the low 30's.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in mediation and conflict resolution
- Has a commitment to public service
idealist.org - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard