Posting Job Title: Training Content Specialist
Requisition #: 145950BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a/an Training Content Specialist for our Learning and Development Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This position is responsible for providing the Learning Design team with a field operations perspective and providing content specific to local market training needs. The person in this position will need an understanding of the initiatives that are happening in the markets and when appropriate be able to customize training content to support the local initiatives. He or she will work closely with their Learning Design teammates to determine the processes and procedures that need to be put into place in order to effectively handle training material development requests that come from local areas. This person will use said processes and procedures to modify/update training materials to accommodate appropriate local needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with Learning Design leaders and Instructional Designers to define the type of local training development
requests that can be accepted
- Partner with Learning Design leaders and Instructional Designers to determine:
Effective processes for modifying training materials with appropriate local content
A procedure for receiving local training development requests. One that ensures the requests are channeled through the Instructional Design team
- With direction from Instructional Designers, update/modify training materials to support local offers, pricing, codes, system variations, process changes,
tools implementation, etc.
- With direction from Instructional Designers, assist in the development of job aids and reference guides and other training materials as specified
- Ensure new hire programs are updated with operational changes/new products
- Participate on project calls as determined by the Learning Design leaders and/or Instructional Designers
- Support the maintenance of one central learning Sharepoint site, ensuring it's updated and kept current
- Stay current in new developments in the TWC products/services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 5 years' experience in a training content role may be substituted for education.
- Must be a dependable and self-motivated individual who can work within a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly and effectively
- Able to manage multiple projects and work both independently and as a member of the team
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, along with excellent writing and grammar skills
- Excellent PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in all MS Office Suite products
- Efficient in the use of Adobe Suite products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of TWC Customer Care and/or Tech Ops processes, procedures and current training programs
- Knowledge of the Cable Industry, ICOMS and CSG billing system knowledge, familiarity with TWC Residential products
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and TWC training experience.
Yes, Travel 20%
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 12 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...