Position: Training Coordinator
Assignment: Foster Care
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full Time Exempt
Pay Grade: 8
Critical Action Items:
1. Establish, organize, and facilitate recruitment efforts for BCFS. This includes formulating and following a recruitment strategy and goals.
2. Under the supervision of program management, establish, organize, and facilitate a comprehensive training program for foster families, foster-to-adopt families, and adoptive families that covers both pre-verification needs and requirements, and ongoing family needs and requirements.
3. Organize and facilitate the foster family verification process, including orientation, obtaining relevant paperwork, and the foster family assessment process.
4. Organize and facilitate foster parent support group to include topics, meal planning, and child care arrangements.
5. Organize, distribute and facilitate the foster family and staff training calendar.
6. Maintain the staff and foster family training database – provide monthly updates related to foster family training stats.
7. Ensure that the Mission, Philosophy, and Values of BCFS is supported, taught, and articulated in the delivery of all child placing agency services.
8. Maintain compliance with TDPRS standards, YFT Indicators, contractor and BCFS Policies.
9. Maintain appropriate training certifications.
10. Develop professional relationships with other peers in the field, such as TDFPS, private agencies, and supporting agencies.
11. Attend staff meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, and any other programs to assure that 20 hours of continuing education a year is completed.
12. Practice with the highest ethical standards.
1. Develop a monthly training calendar to ensure all families and staff are offered numerous opportunities for development.
2. Facilitate the foster family verification process through the use of developed systems and practices. Goal is to verify families within 90 days of initial contact.
3. Organize and facilitate foster parent support group monthly.
4. Create and facilitate a monthly recruitment calendar.
5. Obtain at least 20 hours of staff development training annually.
6. Obtain and maintain training certifications as necessary to provide annual foster parent and staff trainings (SAMA, CPR First Aid).
BCFS - 9 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...