To build the expertise of partner-agencies and Food Bank staff in the area of benefits, primarily the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ("SNAP") via trainings, technical assistance, and quality assurance.
- Conduct presentations and workshops within the organization, to community organizations, and others on SNAP and other government benefits;
- Assist in creating and updating informational, training, and outreach materials for Food Bank staff and other organizations;
- Offer in-depth food stamp training with the purpose of developing capacity of partnering agencies;
- Provide technical assistance and quality assurance to partner-agencies with the purpose of developing their expertise in SNAP application assistance;
- Regularly conduct site visits to outreach sites and application submission locations of partner agencies;
- Assist CBOs with SNAP advocacy at the Food Stamp Center level;
- Maintain accurate data, track results for pre-screenings, follow-up, trainings, and other services provided by partner agencies;
- Coordinate communication with appropriate Food Stamp Centers and CBOs;
- Summarize Food stamp policies and present them for training and Food Stamp Task Force meetings as needed;
- Assist with Food Stamp Task Force Meetings preparation and facilitation as needed;
- Provide food stamp pre-screenings when necessary;
- Identify and assist in responding to systemic problems with food stamp access;
- Participate in program strategy, advocacy and development.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid Knowledge of the Food Stamp Program required;
- Familiarity with other government familiar or income support benefits is a plus;
- Must have good public speaking abilities and written skills, training experience is a plus;
- Must possess at least 2 years successful direct social service client experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a challenging position and be able to travel to different locations throughout the 5 boroughs to provide quality assurance; able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required
- Must be computer literate, knowledge of Excel;
- Bilingualism is a strong plus.
Feeding America - 16 months ago