_Building on Strengths in
Individuals, Families and Communities!_
- To lead in the development of innovative programs that ensures a more promising future for our program participants.
- To advocate zealously for principles necessary to empower those with whom we work.
- To provide quality service to individuals consistent with their dignity and to communities consistent with their needs.
WHO WE ARE
Good Shepherd Services has won the Non Profit Excellence Award for Overall Management Excellence given by the New York Times Company! Good Shepherd Services is a non-sectarian, social service and youth development agency which positively affects the lives of more than 18,000 children and families annually. Throughout our history, we have shown leadership in developing effective programs that help New York City's more vulnerable residents gain the support, skills and opportunities necessary for success in life. United by our shared mission and vision, these programs are characterized by a profound respect for the strengths inherent in individuals, families and communities. We provide city-wide residential and foster care services with concentrations in Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn. In addition, we have developed two networks of community-based educational support, youth development, family support, and after school programs, in Brooklyn, primarily in the neighborhoods of Park Slope, Red Hook and Gowanus and in Central Bronx. Through our professional training services, we help to ensure the implementation of best practices in human services agencies across the City.
Reports to: Director, Training Department
Location: 305 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10001
Hours: 35 Hours/Week, Exempt*
The Training Coordinator will have overall responsibility for developing, implementing, tracking, and evaluating a staff training program that is competency based, promotes learning and development and that leads to improved service delivery. The position requires excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Develop and arrange mandatory and recommended training for all programs and departments in conjunction with program and department directors.
- Conduct regular needs assessments, modifying training program as needed.
- Ensure training activities comply with accreditation, regulatory and funder requirements.
- Collaborate with the Human Services Workshops in developing training programs and other related activities, as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Director of Training, develop, on an annual basis, a detailed written training plan based on an annual evaluation of training activities and needs.
- Document and evaluate all training program activities.
- Oversee training database to ensure accurate training information.
- Supervise the registration process.
- Monitor program budget.
- Facilitate individual and group training as appropriate.
- Coordinate logistics, including room set-up, audio-visual equipment and supplies, printed materials, and registration/attendance lists.
- Process and negotiate consultant agreements.
- Supervise support staff.
- Oversee office support functions.
- Participate in professional groups and organizations, as appropriate or as advised.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from all levels within an organization.
- Excellent computer skills and experience; must demonstrate advanced skills in MS Office Professional.
- Experience in coordination of complex projects and tasks and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of New York City child welfare system preferred.
- Prior training experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
All staff members are expected to be committed to the mission, vision and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness to work within a culturally diverse environment.
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. Interested and qualified parties should apply now.
Employee Referral Award Program: If you, as our employee, refer an outside candidate for this position, you will be awarded $300: $150 upon the candidate starting as an employee and $150 upon successful completion of the first six months of employment.
Good Shepherd Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.