Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical and international domestic work force development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
West Texas Intermediate Sanction Facility (WTISF) is located in Brownfield, Texas, 35 miles southwest of Lubbock in Terry County. WTISF operated by MTC is a 289-bed, all male facility housing Texas Department of criminal Justice (TDCJ) offenders. MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com
Reports directly to the warden,. Responsible for coordinating correctional officer certification training and non-security pre-service training, implementing the annual training plan for the facility and oversight of the offender grievance function in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Plan, develop and conduct officer training programs in compliance with MTC and TDCJ directives.
2. Oversee the maintenance and documentation of all certificates and pre-training records.
3. Establish periodic and annual review of certification accreditation and pre-service training programs.
4. Develop the departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures, review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
5. Conduct regular reviews and inspections to ensure facility operations and programs are compliant with all applicable laws and agency policy.
6. Plan, coordinate, and conduct appropriate training for all non-custodial employees as required by MTC and TDCJ directives.
7. coordinate, develop and conduct officer certification training for all potential employees in compliance with MTC and TDCJ directives.
8. Responsible for maintenance and documentation of all certificates and pre-service training records.
9. Assist with the development of departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget items.
10. Oversee the investigation of offender grievances about reported and suspected violations of statues, rules, or regulations. Prepare comprehensive and detailed investigative reports. Maintain appropriate grievance data and analyze trends.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills, procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property. Adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Bachelor's degree in education, counseling or associated field and three (3) years experience in training and curriculum development required. Directly realted experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by management. Must possess computer skills and demonstrated writing proficiency. Training and development required to remain in the classification after employment. Successful completion of an Instructor Training Program within six months of assignment. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation - 18 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...