Information Technology Training Specialist (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) (Job Number: 320080)
SAIC currently has a job opening for a Training Development Specialist supporting our Navy and Marine Corps Business Unit in Tampa, FL.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will join an existing technical IT training team that provides training classes for the USSOCOM Tactical Local Area Network (TACLAN) equipment system. Candidate will evaluate training requirements, design and develop requirements-based training material to include programs of instruction, training curricula, class outlines, lesson plans, tests/evaluations, handouts and other instructional material. Candidate will undergo training on the TACLAN system and will be evaluated on his/her ability to deliver effective training in each of the individual subject areas comprising the TACLAN training curriculum to include safety, equipment set-up, configuration, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the TACLAN system. He/She will travel to designated DoD locations worldwide to provide scheduled training and to evaluate the effectiveness of training via student test results as well as student and command representative feedback. Candidate will administer written and practical exams to assess student performance and knowledge of the course material presented.
Travel up to 26 weeks per year may be required both within the continental US and at overseas locations. Total travel will be based on the number of individual training classes provided, with each class lasting 2-3 weeks in duration.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field and four (4) to six (6) years of progressive academic training are required. High school diploma or GED and ten (10) years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Knowledge and proficiency is required in at least one of the following areas: Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2008, Powershell, Exchange 2010, virtualization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well organized, punctual, reliable and able to function both in a team environment and independently.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and solid understanding of networking concepts such as subnetting and routing protocols to include ability to independently set up and configure a small to mid-size network is highly desired.
- Prior military service is considered a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2013, 9:03:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-TAMPA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 18 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...