The Training Development Specialist will be responsible for supporting the organization finalize and communicate its five year employee development and strategic plans with the goal of maximizing its impact and raising resources. This part-time position (20 hours/week) will assist the Senior Leadership Team in planning and the implementation of the organizational redesign and its communications the same to key stakeholders. He/she will support with fund raising activities and advise the ED on any other issues.
Advice on overall employee development and organizational design, in particular
Support in communicating a five-year Strategic Plan and on strategic issues
- Engage with the Leadership Team and the Organizational Development Director to support the organizational redesign and the development of business models to efficiently manage and sustain our Country Offices
- Support IPA with enhancing its research staffing model and creating and sustaining new positions within the organization
- Advice on board development and management
Support communications and fund raising
- Assist Executive Director and Global Outreach team in developing necessary materials for dissemination of the strategic plan to key stakeholders including funding organizations and research partners
- Assist in developing a competitive landscape of research and implementation organizations that work in the areas of global poverty alleviation, and in developing key messages that clearly outline IPA’s comparative advantages
- Support Executive Director on other strategic issues and special projects that may arise
- Support Executive Director in hiring a Director of Development who will be responsible for fund raising, marketing and communications for IPA
- Support the Global Outreach team to finalize communications documents that clearly articulate IPA’s vision, mission and value addition, and to put together an end of the year fund raising campaign that builds on the strategic plan
- Support with writing fund raising proposals for unrestricted or policy purposes as opportunities arise
- Master’s Degree required
- Extensive knowledge of staff development, global business design and strategy
- Demonstrated experience in working with or engaging large-scale non-profits in developing countries.
- Experience working as a management or strategy consultant preferred
- Experience with marketing and/or fund raising preferred
- Position is based in New Haven, CT
Please follow the application instructions below. Any applications or CVs submitted outside this process will not be considered. Note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
1. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application . Please select the position(s) you are interested in applying for on the 'Submit Application' page. Include two letters of recommendation, statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts. We will consider your application even if you are unable to obtain reference letters before the deadline, but please be advised that we will be requiring them should you be invited for an interview.
2. Fill out our EEO-1 Voluntary Self Identification Form .
IPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.
All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com .
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Training Development Specialist. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Innovations for Poverty Action - 11 months ago