The Director of Corporate Training will report to the Vice President of Corporate Training who reports to the Chief People Officer.
The Director is a training role uniquely positioned to enable the IRI vision of changing the way our world-leading Consumer Products Goods ( CPG) and top tier Food, Drug and Mass Merchant ( FDM) retailers use information to power their business. He/she will assist with the development and “own” the delivery of instructor-led training modules to drive insights within our client facing organization ( Internal).
In addition to excellent client facing skills, the Director must also be a master of internal collaboration and coordination. Key points of internal interface include the broader Training group, Client Insights/Client Service, Retail Client Solutions, New Client Group, Consumer & Shopper Marketing, Consulting, and the Technology organization.
The Director must be familiar with a variety of training concepts, practices, and procedures. He/she must have a strong understanding of client business issues and is able to build analyses accordingly. They may also lead and direct the work of others.
While activities will vary, 50% of the Director’s time will be allocated to training preparation and delivery. Of their remaining time, 40% will be spent on the development of new instructor-led training curriculum and 10% will be spent on self-development.
· Ten or more years of work experience with strong CPG or retail domain expertise. The Director need not have prior training experience. Domain experience may come via one or more of the areas below:
o Market research provider
o CPG manufacturer
o Top tier consulting company
· Proven capacity to quickly grasp, assimilate and convey analytical and software-related concepts
· Expertise in MS PowerPoint and Excel
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Disciplined yet pragmatic approach to project management/project delivery
· Creativity; proven ability to convey technical subject matter to non technical or skeptical audiences in an engaging and impactful manner/method; personality to “light up the room”
· A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt their message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
· Business savvy to connect training to a client’s broader business objectives
· Willingness to travel up to 60%—travel destination will vary; amount of travel will depend on the location of candidate’s residence. Location requirements are flexible. However Chicago or New Jersey is highly preferred.
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
IRI is a leader in delivering powerful market and shopper information, predictive analysis and the foresight that leads to action. We go beyond the data to ignite extraordinary growth for our clients in the CPG, retail and over-the-counter healthcare industries by pinpointing what matters and illuminating how it can impact their businesses across sales and marketing.
IRI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.