City: Minnetonka, MN or Greensboro, NC
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Training Innovation and Curriculum Lead
Job ID: 3361
Role purpose / Accountabilities:
The role of Training Innovation and Curriculum Lead has four primary accountabilities, all aimed at creating a sustainable learning organization, best in class competence and leading edge content & deployment techniques.
First, this role will work extensively across Commercial Units, FFE&T and other capability-enabling functions like L&D to lead the development of core commercial curriculum stages, content and deployment methodologies targeted at customer facing personnel (primarily Sales and KAM) to fulfill commercial capability development objectives, specific role capability requirements and customer training. The output from this role will be used by Commercial Unit Trainers, and others, in the execution of a CU capability plan and the deployment of the training and performance improvement in support of FFE.
Second, this role will assess and introduce innovative new ways of building a sustainable learning organization through creative new approaches and fit-for-purpose content. The innovation will be essential to raise Syngenta commercial team’s capability to achieve maximum levels of competence, comparative to Ag and non-Ag best in class benchmarks.
Third, this role will lead efforts to streamline learning efficiency and effectiveness by advancing enabling tools like syngentacampus.com and mysalesx, designed to increase trainings return on invested time.
Fourth, this role will maintain primary training accountability at national level for specific activities like the national Seed Advisor orientation and new hire on-boarding.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Preferred) with a minimum of 10 years sales experience and/or 5 years of training experience
- Knowledge of the Sales processes and GTM strategies;
- 3-5 years Training and Organizational Development Experience desired;
- 1-2 Years People Management Experience desired;
- Experience with External service providers.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Experience in Organizational Learning, experienced in assessing Training and O.D.
- Needs, Customer Focus, Presentation Mastery, Action Oriented, Integrity and Trust, Interpersonal Savvy & Self Awareness, Communication (i.e., listening and communicating in appropriate style), Innovative and Creative, Strategic Thinking, Ability to Adapt in All Situations, Approachibility, Composure, Functionaland Technical Skills, Motivating Others, Facilitation, and Significant proficiency in redirecting individuals behavior and leading people through change.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Develop and implement blended curriculum (that includes pre-learning, learning and post-learning) and infrastructure to support the process.
- Network across functions inside and outside the commercial organization to align expectations and provide communication to key stakeholders regarding curriculum requirements for various roles and levels
- Assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate training programs to support Syngenta commercial strategy.
- Assessing and implementing the most effective learning approaches designed to maximize knowledge retention and return on invested time of training
- Work together strategically with FFE+T and L&D initiatives to enhance learning opportunities
- Coordinate efforts with the FFE+T strategic direction and the commercial strategic agenda
- Working across functional lines in a matrix organization
- Travel Requirements – 20% or greater
- Must sign a Non-Compete if offered this position.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...