Department: Kirtland Hill
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: 8Y-Hill-895147-873634-VAD
SALARY RANGE: $68809 to $89450/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 to Tuesday, May 28, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1712-12/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Multiple Schedules
DUTY LOCATIONS: Kirtland AFB, NM
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, in southeast Albuquerque, is nestled between the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges. It is home to Air Force Materiel Command's Nuclear Weapons Center and its subordinate wings. It is also home to the Directed Energy and Space Vehicle Directorates of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
**** THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER ****
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DRUG TESTING: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED FOR DRUG TESTING. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO URINALYSIS TESTING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM URINALYSIS TESTING AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employees and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Military Spouse of an Active Duty Military Member Registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): View Assessment Questions for additional required documents
30% Disabled Veterans
Employment of People with Disabilities
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
3. If applying under ICTAP eligibility, all supporting documents must be provided at time of application. Please refer to the ICTAP portion of the 'Benefits & Other Info' section of this announcement.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Prior non-Federal/active duty uniformed service may be creditable for leave
As a Training Instructor, GS-1712-12, you will serve as a lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) Instructor for a unique, major, Air force Material Command (AFMC)-sponsored nuclear education program that is specific, clearly defined, and has broad AF-wide impact. You will be a primary member of the AFMC Nuclear College instructor staff and advisor to the Nuclear College manager/staff. You will also:
- Serve as an instructor, conducting and evaluating education and training courses.
- Participate in the planning, design, and production of new instructional materials, including lesson plans, student handouts, exercises, programmed texts, job aids audiovisual story boards and similar products.
- Develop education and training plans.
- Facilitate Conduct of Courses.
- Perform additional duties to include, but not limited to, assisting with training facility management, automated data processing equipment and software control, computer security, disaster preparedness, environmental and hazardous compliance, dignitary briefings, and facility upkeep/security.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), pay band or equivalent. Specialized experience is described as experience that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the metho d s and techniques of instruction. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: Teaching or instructing in an adult education program, secondary school, college, military installation, or industrial establishment in the appropriate field(s); Supervising or administering a training program; Development or review of training/course materials, aids, devices, etc. and evaluation of training results. Work in the occupation or subject matter field of the position to be filled, i.e., related to a variety of nuclear assurance training doctrines and chemical defense procedures, and that required training or instructing others on a regular basis.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of training program processes in parallel business and industry organizations in order to develop comprehensive training programs, identify training requirements, skill upgrades, and development programs that will assist in meeting the Flight's business management objectives.
2. Knowledge of basic budget preparation as it applies to preparing operating and capital expenditure training budgets.
3. Skill in developing course materials and instructional methods, principles, and techniques in order to develop self-contained training courses, obtain training resources and assess overall effectiveness in order to meet identified training requirements.
4. Ability to instruct training courses in a classroom seminar setting.
5. Ability to analyze, evaluate, and accomplish special training studies and projects.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
OTHER INFORMATION: Incumbent of this position may be required to travel by regularly scheduled military or commercial aircraft in the performance of TDY.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
PHYSICAL EFFORT : The work requires long periods of standing while providing classroom instruction.
WORKING CONDITIONS : The work is primarily sedentary and performed in an office setting. Incumbent is required to stand for several hours at a time while instructing in a classroom environment.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: If you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the U.S. Air Force mission. For further information or to determine your eligibility click here: Special Hiring Authorities . ( http://www.opm.gov/disability/peoplewithdisabilities.asp ) Applicants who are selected must meet the qualification requirements and be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. If you are eligible and wish to be considered for non-competitive appointment, please indicate "5CFR 213.3102(u)" on your resume or state you are an individual with a disability eligible for a Schedule A appointment and follow all other instructions for applying.
REEMPLOYED ANNUITANTS: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information. MILITARY SPOUSE Appointing Authority allows agencies to appoint a military spouse without competition for a maximum of 2 years from the date on the documents required to prove eligibility. Additional information regarding this authority can be obtained at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx
ICTAP: Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be rated as well qualified (80), without veterans' preference points, based on the answers provided to the questions contained in the Assessment Questionnaire and supporting application material, for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. Well qualified candidates are also required to meet any job-related personal, suitability, and/or medical requirements established for this position. In addition to submitting documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record, which must be at least fully successful or the equivalent, ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after "injury" compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. For more information, click here: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- If applying under ICTAP eligibility, all supporting documents must be provided at time of application. Please refer to the ICTAP portion of the 'Benefits & Other Info' section of this announcement.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 895147. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/opm1203fx.pdf , and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located here .
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT, Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series Individuals with Disabilities - Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click here for more information . QUESTIONS: Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Valerie David (801)777-5950 VALERIE.DAVID@US.AF.MIL. The subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8Y-Hill-895147-873634-VAD). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement. General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response . Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Electronic submission is the quickest and easiest option. Please ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
(1) Applicants will be notified by USAJOBS when their application has been received. This notification does not imply that you have submitted all the necessary documentation for this announcement, so read the announcement carefully. (2) After the announcement closes, your application will be evaluated. If you are deemed "eligible" or "ineligible", you will receive an appropriate "Notice of Results". (3) If you are referred to the selecting official at this time, you will also receive a "Notice of Referral". If you are deemed eligible, but are not referred to the selecting official at this time, you will receive a "Notice of Non-Referral". (4) If you are referred, but not selected, you will receive a "Disposition Letter" notifying you of the non-selection. If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer of employment via email notification.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
OR TDD WITHIN SAN ANTONIO AREA 565-2276
DO NOT MAIL OR EMAIL CALL ONL
Air Force Acquisition - 15 months ago