The Training Instructor prepares, organizes, conducts, and audits training program.
Knowledge & Skills
- Under general direction, organize, prepare, and conduct complex training and educational programs at the assigned location.
- Work on all phases of training.
- Participate in needs analysis studies to determine training needs.
- Confer with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations and technologies.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, certify, and train assigned maintenance personnel to include aircraft general, jet engines, pneudraulics; certify/train mechanics on all aspects of aircraft servicing, ground handling, and special interest items as directed by the Quality, Compliance, and Safety Program Manager.
- Responsible for new hire employee initial technical training, to include the make-up of training records, and certify initial core tasks as outlined by the Training Supervisor prior to releasing them to their section supervisors.
- Ensure that all necessary training documentation is completed and maintained as required by customer and DI directives.
- Audit training records ensuring all required maintenance training documentation is current and correct.
- May be required to work day shift, swing shift, and/or weekend shift as required to ensure all shifts receive identical training requirements to perform their jobs.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Experience & Education
- Able to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to facilitate and present course material of a technical nature.
- Ability to facilitate hands-on training and act as a subject matter expert in the field of fixed wing aircraft maintenance.
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft applications, graphics, and editing software.
- Strong organizational skills to oversee multiple work assignments.
- Effective decision making and problem solving.
- Results-oriented individual with organizational skills.
- Proficient in English language to apply written and oral rules of grammar and spelling.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Bachelor degree in an associated discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing training support required.
- Previous experience working with military organizations preferred.
- Previous experience in curriculum development and revision is preferred.
- Usually works in a normal office environment.
- Course presentations require considerable standing and moving around presentation area.
- Some on-the-job training will be required on the flight line and in the hangar under all weather conditions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
DynCorp International LLC. - 8 months ago