General Summary of Duties :
The Training Manager helps drive Fontainebleau values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization's goals. This position will facilitate the core training programs while maintaining the tracking and accuracy of the Training and Development department's projects. Training programs can focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy and customer service. The Training Manager will facilitate the delivery and development of training programs including e-training and measure the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting, standing, and walking. Ability to push and/or pull cabinet weighing up to fifteen pounds. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in an office environment; and ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Benchmark competitors’ training programs.
2. Lead, manage, and conduct New Hire Orientation, Day 2 Orientation, and Annual Re-Orientation, constantly evaluating for effectiveness and continued improvement.
3. Manages performace appraisal process, including but not limited to, tracking and filing of performance reviews.
4. Maintain the Training Compliance reports accuratly and in a timely manner.
5. Ensure effective coordination of training needs analysis and delivery methods with business partners.
6. Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
7. Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
8. Prepare training videotapes, slides, and films; maintain a library of training aids.
9. Coordinate administrative duties for management development programs, including but not limited to, event set up, compilation of evaluation data, and tracking.
10. Schedule training sessions.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
- Must be highly detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of adult learning, instructional design, and curriculum development techniques.
- Knowledge of training techniques and ability to suggest enhancements to existing training programs.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft progams.
- Skill in motivating and coaching individuals.
- Skill in assessing training needs through surveys, interviews, and focus groups.
- Skill in public speaking and moderating large groups.
- Skill in aligning strategic and operational needs with training programs.
- Skill in management (written and verbal).
High school education or equivalent required. College degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or similar studies preferred.
Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources or related professional area. Certified trainer a plus. Strong hospitality experience preferred.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 16 months ago