Headquartered in Boston’s historic Fanueil Hall, WinnCompanies is a visionary national real estate company dedicated to the highest standards of excellence. Through its companies, WinnDevelopment, WinnResidential and WinnMilitary housing, Winn develops, acquires and manages multifamily, affordable, senior, mixed-income, market rate, as well as commercial properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnDevelopment has since acquired and developed real estate holdings valued in excess of $2.0 billion. The company’s portfolio includes more than 90,000 residences across 23 states, and it has converted more than five million square feet of property into prime commercial space. WinnCompanies’ work is defined by a commitment to innovative financing and the highest standards of professionalism.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the Training Manager will design, develop and implement training and education strategies, programs, plans and processes to support company goals, and the development of Winn’s employees, who are geographically dispersed throughout the United States. The Training Manager will also assess company-wide training and education needs and drive the delivery of solutions to meet needs and measure results. We are seeking a change agent who will help Winn continue to grow by developing and engaging its talent and use creative and effective techniques to design and deliver programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
Background and educational experience requirements: BA/BS with a minimum of 5 years related experience in a corporate or business setting (Property Management experience a significant plus). Proven experience with instructional design in a business setting, and in designing programs for employees with diverse cultural, educational and work experience backgrounds also required. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills also an absolute necessity. A proven background in creating and modeling change also needed. Spanish language capabilities a plus.
- Develop a needs assessment process; create an instructional design process that incorporates appropriate delivery methods, post-training evaluations and success measurements based on identified needs.
- Post instructional design process; roll out programs and strategies to meet needs. Design and deliver training and education solutions that enhance employee knowledge, skills and performance.
- Work closely with human resources and management staff to educate managers and employees regarding key company policies, labor and employment laws, and multiple new processes.
- Design, implement and administer methodologies to measure results and success of training solutions; consistently report results.
- Develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Deliver training and education programs, and create effective train the trainer programs as necessary.
- Utilize strategies to effectively design and implement training programs for a wide array of employee groups with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Manage and administer Learning Management System (LMS) and ensure employees complete necessary training. Regularly report on employee completion of required training programs.
- Assess the effectiveness of current training initiatives and adapt/adjust to improve as needed.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of training services offered.
- Manage and administer training department budget and allocations for programs delivered to employees at Winn-managed and owned properties.
- Manage Training Coordinator by coaching, mentoring and providing performance feedback.
- Assist in upkeep of company intranet by maintaining and updating content.
- Keep informed on legislation impact the organization’s training and education obligations.
- Travel out of state an average of one time per month for multiple nights.
WinnResidential - 10 months ago