Job Id: 174255
Nearest Major Market: GA - Atlanta
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Training Programs Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Training Programs Manager is responsible for assessment and development of high quality, effective training solutions and tools for front line store and distribution center employees.This manager has oversight of communications and strategies that lead to successful execution of this training resulting in improved productivity, enhanced customer service and higher sales in our stores and distribution centers. The training developed by this position will be focused on the following:
- The onboarding, orientation and training of entry level store, sales and distribution center employees.
- The training of existing associates in these positions who want to upgrade skills and knowledge and take their capabilities to new heights
- Creating dynamic training solutions that are embraced by employees, associates and management because they are efficient and effective in knowledge/skills transfer and driving business results.
- A four-year degree in a related field
- 5 - 7 years experience in training program development and delivery
- Retail focused training experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use technology to provide information for making sound business decisions.
- Able to successfully develop effective relationships with key people thoughout the business operation.
* Assess and determine NAPA front line associate training needs by interviewing, conducting advisory input sessions, surveys and on-site visits with managers, store owners, employees and associates.
- Develop, communicate and drive execution of effective training solutions that support our key initiatives with the goal of having high performing, dominant NAPA stores serving their customer markets through highly efficient distribution center operations.
- Identify and utilize appropriate internal and external subject matter experts in the assessment, development and review process to ensure training solutions support best practices and desired business results.
- Identify and employ quality, effective and affordable training development resources to produce needed training solutions.
- Keep existing training solutions current and effective and deployed using appropriate training technology.
- Communicate and work effectively with field and headquarters managers to drive training solution support and full utilization.
- Utilize effective technology for development and delivery of training solutions and tools (software, Internet, webcasts, etc.).
- Conduct evaluations on effectiveness and receptivity of programs and adjust as required. Demonstrate effectiveness in all four levels of training evaluation.
- Establish and track effectiveness metrics of training solutions and utilize data to adjust approach or promote solutions.
- Coordinate marketing and administrative duties related to development, execution and marketing of training.
- Establish and reinforce responsibilities and accountabilities for field managers and others involved in establishing and supporting employee / associate training.
- Establish sales, expense and profit projections of training solutions and execute budget to meet expectations.
- Plan, produce Training department monthly publications
NAPA was founded 1925 and since then, we've sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made NAPA an industry leader in auto parts, but don't let our age lead you to believe we can't keep up with the changing times. We're not your grandfather's NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It's an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
Genuine Parts Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H J2W: IND CB1
Genuine Parts Company
- 2 years ago - save job