GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com .
Training Specialist (Explosive Destruction Technology)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop training materials for a chemical demilitarization facility using Explosive Destruction Technology (EDT) for the destruction of chemical weapons.
- Performs needs, job and task analysis (JTA) to determine training required for trainees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations and technologies,
- Confer with operations and maintenance, security, environmental and other project supervision to gain knowledge of work situation and utilize the JTA to determine the required training objectives for employees,
- Utilize the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) process for the development of all training materials,
- Develop training materials required to directly support required training elements in support of BGCAPP personnel,
- Designs and develops exams to measure participant comprehension of the training materials,
- Maintains and updates training materials as required,
- Conduct training in accordance with the monthly training schedule,
- Compile completed course documentation (ie. rosters, examinations, etc,) for delivery to the Training Coordinator,
- Act as course owners and subject matter experts to communicate closely with operations and maintenance, security, environmental and other project supervision to ensure that the training program meets all regulatory and project requirements,
- Provide other training support activities as assigned by the Training Manager.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and 2 years of training work experience; or an advance degree in the field of discipline; or 4-6 years of experience and an AA/AS degree; or 6+ years technical work experience with no degree.
- Capable of rapid assimilation of technical systems
- Chemical weapons handling/destruction experience
- Explosive Destruction Technology (EDT) experience or emission treatment system experience a plus
- Familiar with AMC Regulation 350-4 as it applies to chemical weapons
- Proven presentation and public speaking skills and experience.
- Ability to apply a variety of learning concepts and principles directed towards adults.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to multi-task and prioritize. Team player.
- Effective problem solver.
These are full time positions with benefits and relocation package available. You must satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.