Training Specialist (Job Number:300211)
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit has a position available for an Instructional Designer. Ideal candidate will have strong instructor development, instructional technology, and instructional design skills to work with instructors. This position requires a self-starter who will collaborate with the various subject matter experts and other learning experts to create innovative ways to enhance the student learning experience.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related field and 8+ years progressive experience in the field, or other subject-related experience may be applied in lieu of Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
Mandatory Skills - Candidate must have all skills listed:
- Degree in education, instructional design, instructional technology, or related field or relevant experience.
- A minimum of three years work experience in instructional design or delivery for adults.
- Familiarization with classroom technologies such as SMART Boards, Audience Response Systems, PowerPoint, and Data management Systems such as SharePoint or Joomla.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize competing demands, and work constructively with instructors, IT specialists, multi-media developers.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels and occupational groups.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative by recognizing, suggesting, and taking action on new opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex concurrent projects.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and work requirements.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diversely experienced team.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex information to ensure understanding.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing requirements
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 17, 2012, 1:30:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...