Posting Job Title: Training Specialist
Requisition #: 145635BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Training Specialist is responsible for projects in support of Media Sales full footprint training and HR initiatives. The Training Specialis t plays an important role in compiling and maintaining data for the Media organization that is critical to making organizational and talent development decisions. In partnership with the Manager of HR and the Director of Training, the individual in this role will support the management and timely completion of assigned projects, including but not limited to:
Work Experience Requirements
- Own and manage the learning management system for entry, tracking and reporting of TWC Media participation in full footprint sales and product training programs. Partner with Training Directors to ensure timely, accurate and complete tracking of all programs.
- Manage and coordinate, in conjunction with corporate and regional support, all sales and product training classes.
- Supports corporate training rollout initiatives such as Diversity, VE, Defensive Driving, ePerformance, E-Verify etc.
- Participate in design, analysis, implementation and metrics of various Training and Development projects as assigned by Training Director and VP of HR.
- Support day-to-day HR activities for the corporate team. Responsibilities include: payroll, on-boarding & New Hire Orientation, performance management, benefits and compensation, reporting, creation and administration of the Corporate Media Training calendar as well as any special projects.
- Demonstrates the highest degree of accuracy, courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one call resolution. Subjects include but not limited to: Courtesy Accounts, Leave of Absence, Benefits Plan options, Benefits eligibility, Enrollment, Educational Assistance, Onboarding administration including background checks, Training inquiries and routine HR questions.
- Compile reports and data related to human resources functions, including: compensation, employee performance, workforce development and attendance tracking etc.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for development and employee benefits.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and procedures and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Communication Skill level: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Work with external vendors and providers to coordinate projects and initiatives.
- Analytical ability - Ability to analyze and summarize data - i.e. financial, survey responses, and write reports. Prepare business correspondence, power point presentations, excel spreadsheets and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardized exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four - year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FCC Unit_TWC: ADSAL
- Must be mature, responsible and trustworthy with good initiative and judgment to independently handle confidential and administrative details.
- Ability to multi-task: handle several projects simultaneously, including organizing, prioritizing, making decisions and working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Proficient in EXCEL, WORD, Outlook, POWERPOINT and the Internet.
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft technology.
- Solid interpersonal skills with strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with functional group and peers.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the HR field required to include sales and services business unit.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, matrix organization highly preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills required.
- Must have experience partnering with all levels of staff and management, including Executives as well as front line employees, in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and have demonstrated project management skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be self-motivated with the ability to succeed with minimal daily direction.
Controlling Establishment ID: 00449 - NYC 1633 Broadway
Time Warner Cable - 16 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...