For nearly a century, the American Red Cross has prepared people to save lives through Health and Safety education and training. From First aid, CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens training to swimming, Lifeguarding and Babysitter's Training, American Red Cross Health & Safety Services' preparedness programs help people lead safer and healthier lives. The Red Cross constantly strives to respond to the preparedness concerns of Americans at home, in school and in the workplace. Today's innovative programs also include teaching lay persons and professionals how to use automated external defibrillators (AEDs) to save victims of sudden cardiac arrest.
We are currently seeking a Training Specialist to work in our Fargo, ND This is a Full Time position working 40 Hours per week, 8AM-5PM.
Primary responsibilities are developing and implementing initiatives to increase the effective delivery of quality HSS training programs in assigned territories and managing assigned instructors - paid, authorized provider and volunteer, as well as other support positions including Training Schedulers. This includes the fulfillment of community, workplace and all contracted services throughout all lines of service. Ensures a full complement of qualified training personnel through instructor recruitment, development and maintaining authorization and support. Supervises quality assurance and resource optimization of PHSS training personnel & equipment in assigned territories, including managing and compliance for fixed training sites, roll out of new programs and services, conducting employee performance reviews and managing trainer courses.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, please visit our website at:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Human Resources/Training, or similar discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a quality assurance, logistics or training position. American Red Cross PHSS experience including Instructor Trainer in at least one specialty area preferred.
- A minimum 1 year of supervisory management experience required
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to simultaneously manage several projects and motivate teams under tight deadlines. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work in education or service industry is a plus, but not required.
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs.
- Ability to travel 10-30%.
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
American Red Cross - 2 years ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...