FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
The Training Specialist is responsible to develop and facilitate training curriculum for the transportation department.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum for the transportation department
- Facilitate safety specific training to frontline and support transportation employees
- Conduct on-road testing for prospective transportation candidates
- Act as a performance coach to new and existing transportation employees
- Lead Transportation New Hire Orientation training session
- Promote company objectives by leading by example
- Apply knowledge of firm-wide products, services, systems and workflows to everyday operations
- Achieve knowledge requirements for the position while contributing to departmental objectives
- Identify customer needs and offer appropriate solutions to promote customer participation
- Contribute to team by sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the customer experience
- Perform related duties as required by Manager
- Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from leader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from leader for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
- No supervisory responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School or GED education
- Minimum one (1) year training experience and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education;
- Experience as a Safe Driving Instructor or member of a Safety Fleet Committee or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CDL A or B license
- Clean State Drivers License
- Proficient in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Description may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, Training Best practices and Instructional Design methodologies a plus
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 22 months ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...