The Staff Training Specialist will work with subject matter experts, business analysts and others to deliver training programs to customers as well as Support staff. The Staff Training Specialist is regarded by both his peers and management as a key contributor to our customers’ ability to successfully benefit from implementing NIIT Technologies’ products and services.
• Acts as a lead in scheduling and developing both instructor-led and computer-based training programs for the customer and Support audiences.
• Acts as a technical producer of computer-based training.
• May be called upon to deliver instructor-led training, as needed.
• Provides direction, mentors and trains Training Development team members.
• Takes ownership of identifying training needs for customers and support staff.
• Assists in the definition and enforcement of training quality standards, and best-practices.
• Assists in the evolution of training solutions by sharing customer feedback and experience as appropriate.
• Assists in the identification, isolation and communication of problems with training development timelines.
• Collaborates with cross-functional team members in the understanding of customer needs and creation of training solutions.
• May work directly with customers during deployments or product migrations of older systems to newer platforms.
• Acts as a customer advocate ensuring the availability of effective training programs for all products and business initiatives.
• Must independently keep abreast of the state-of-the-art in training development and methodology, NIIT Technologies’ product development and business goals.
• Adept in technical writing.
• BA/BS in Communications, Education, Computer Science or related field.
• Extensive experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Preferred Work Experience
Prefer to have experience, or combined experience, in the following areas:
• 3+ years software application support, training or development.
• 2+ years in web application support (and/or development).
• Demonstrated skills in:
o Screen, video and audio capture, editing & production software, such as Camtasia Studio
o Microsoft Office Applications, especially PowerPoint
NIIT Technologies - 17 months ago