The Training Supervisor develops, implements, and assesses the effectiveness of operations training. The Training Supervisor works with operations to develop and maintain training and qualification for all welding positions. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, schedule, and conduct new welding classes to qualify candidates on SMAW and GMAW welding processes. Provide quality instruction of techniques required to complete work safely and effectively. Conduct additional welding instruction to other operating groups as needed.
- Conduct annual and semiannual welding qualification for company and contract welders. Maintain records to ensure compliance with all requirements. Assist with Illinois Commerce Commission audits of records.
- Evaluate and qualify gas field personnel to ensure that covered tasks are performed safely and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct field inspections with emphasis on safety, incident analysis and quality of work being performed.
- Assist with the training and development of the gas apprenticeship program as well as other training needs of the department.
- Travel throughout Illinois to perform annual welding qualifications, deliver training, and inspect field construction.
Associate's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college required. May also consider five years work experience in gas construction, operations and maintenance or downhill welding pipeline construction in lieu of a degree. American Welding Society - Certified Welding Inspector and Certified Welding Educator, National Welding Inspection Certification or the ability to obtain preferred.
Five or more years of relevant experience with downhill pipe line welding required.
Thorough understanding of the Ameren Gas Operations and Maintenance Plan, Welding Procedures, and Gas Operations Field Reference Guide preferred. Understanding of the API standard 1104 - Welding of Pipelines & Related Facilities also preferred. Good communication, problem solving ability and interpersonal skills required. Must have proficient writing skills and competency with various computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.
Salary: . Date posted: 05/01/2013
- Salary depends upon individual's credentials and position market pay level.
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....