Job Purpose: Works closely with Learning & Development and HR Business Partner teams to develop and deliver learning solutions. Facilitates leadership and professional development training designed to increase and enhance employee and leadership knowledge base, performance and employee development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal departmental clients and Learning & Development teams to identify and evaluate skills training needs and requirements
- Customizes and distributes hard and soft-copy training materials, aides and related items
- Responds to inquiries related to individual employee special training needs
- As assigned, coordinates with external vendors on training program development, materials, presentation and related areas
- Coordinates scheduling and logistics of program presentations
- Conducts and compiles post-presentation evaluations, surveys and associated responses
- As required, modifies, updates and revises presentations to reflect evaluation survey responses, recommendations and suggestions
- Acts as a project manager for Learning & Development initiatives and programs
Knowledge and Skill:
- Knowledge of trends and practices in developing and facilitating adult education training programs and curricula
- Knowledge of facilitation principles and processes
- Experience and ability to facilitate with a variety of groups (warehouse vs. corporate services)
- Knowledge of basic project management processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic training and design development cycle processes and requirements
- Independently facilitate discussions and makes recommendations on simple learning solutions using L&D portfolio.
- Supports consultants in coordinating and delivering on project details and delivery of larger enterprise wide projects or initiatives (compliance, customer engagement, etc).
- Manages reporting and analytics for various operating and functional groups as well as enterprise wide initiatives.
- Skill in usage of Learning Management System to establish monitoring and track program completion and/or effectiveness.
- Skill in a broad range of training and development communications and support materials (i.e. statements of work, job aids, emails)
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, clients, the general public and others having business with Avnet
- Skill in simultaneously managing multiple projects with overlapping and often conflicting timelines, deliverables, goals, objectives and expectations
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business and specialized software applications
- Research potential solutions and supplier services in response to customer requests
- Comfort working in a matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Skill in simultaneously working on multiple projects with overlapping and often conflicting timelines, deliverables, goals, objectives and expectations
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Four-six (4-6) years of recent, relevant training curriculum design, development, presentation OR closely related experience that would provide a range of job situations to build a sufficient level of knowledge and skills to be successful in meeting the required job duties and responsibilities.
Education & Certification Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Training, Business, Business Administration OR closely related field OR any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills will have been obtained.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at 800-882-8638 option 4, then option 3.
If you need an electronic component, Avnet probably has it. The company is the world's top distributor of electronic components...