The Training and Organization Development Consultant implements and supports ION's organizational learning strategy, including ION University, and develops and administers the talent management technological platform. Provides a range of internal consultancy services and training to create and sustain a high performing organization. Works collaboratively at all organization levels to ensure planning and performance management to inform and support organizational goals and lead to continuous improvement. Reports to the Director, Organization Development.
Duties and Essential job Functions:
- Designs, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates training programs that support organizational objectives and are aligned with the organization's strategy.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the Talent Management technical platform, including ION University, the Learning Management System.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques.
- Continuously develops learning plans to align with business strategy.
- Offers specific development options to help employees maintain or improve job skills and competencies.
- Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness.
- Develops and implements competency models.
- Assists with development aspect of succession planning program.
- Assists with planning of short- and long-term strategies for talent development programs
- Works collaboratively with HR partners to implement ION's talent management strategy.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in organization development, training and development, or related field
- Preferred: Master's degree in organization development or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in all phases of training and organization development implementation, from needs assessment to delivery.
- Prior experience with an E&P or similar industry strongly preferred but not required.
Special Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning styles, participative training design, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, systems theory and quality improvement processes, change management, principles of customer service, advanced consulting methods, group process facilitation, organization communications processes, and presentation skills.
- Capable to interact and build trust with individuals at all levels.
- Knowledge of learning management systems and organizational learning strategies.
- Solid project management skills.
- Demonstrated implementation and execution ability.
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and build effective working relationships.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Cornerstone experience is a plus.
- Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, to permit the employee to function in a general office environment and accomplish tasks and duties as outlined above.
- Normal office environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.