Higher One partners with colleges and universities to lower their administrative costs and to improve graduation rates. We provide a broad array of payment, refund disbursement and data analytics and management tools to institutions that help them save money and enhance institutional effectiveness. And for students, we offer financial literacy programs and convenient, flexible and affordable transaction options to help them manage their finances. Higher One is a leader in higher education and we support more than 1,600 college and university campuses with over 13 million enrolled students.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
This position performs a variety of duties relating to operations including processing ACH exceptions, ACH late returns, and balancing as well as sending the ACH files each day. Other duties include balancing and sending bill pay files, processing non posted items, exception item processing for internal accounts, process bank to bank settlements and FRB adjustments. This position further provides backup for banking operations employees. This position will further be required to communicate any and all critical information to responsible departments in order to problem solve and ensure accurate processing of transactions and payments.
- Process daily work while maintaining compliance rules and regulations with attention to bank policy and procedures;
- Ensure assigned workload is completed within all deadlines and SLA’s;
- Exercise discretion, strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment;
- Provide outstanding service to customers: This includes promptly responding to customer inquiries both internally and externally;
- Work as a team player to ensure processing deadlines are met;
- Provide backup assistance to designated teammates as needed.
- At least 5 years prior banking operations experience;
- Strong knowledge of NACHA rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of banking regulations;
- Bachelors degree or similar preferred.
Process Behavioral predisposition
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills;
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word;
- Advanced Excel skills preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly;
- Has the ability to acquire new skills efficiently and thrives in a collaborative team environment;
- Ability to provide stellar customer service;
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize assignments;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Self motivated;
- Enjoys new challenges in a rapidly growing changing environment.
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...