Org Marketing Statement
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Senior Transfer Agency (TA) Representative will be responsible for the processing of trades and other transactions for the funds for which BBH acts as Registrar. The Representative will also assist the Supervisor with the review and authorization of processing as directed. He/She will also be the key contact for any client or inter-departmental queries arising from TA and will ensure that the shareholder files are well maintained and contain all necessary shareholder documents. The role will involve working closely with, and providing support to, their supervisor to ensure the team operates efficiently and that deadlines are met.
This will require people management, initiative, and attention to detail as well as the ability to gain commitment among team members.
• Ensuring all trades are processed on relevant dealing day
• Validation / approval of TA transactions.
• Ensuring all trades and register changes are checked and authorized
• Processing dividends as declared by the funds
• Review of TA deals
• Review and discuss with the Supervisor / Manager any issues requiring escalation
• Updating Fund Accountant on trading activity
• Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this proofed.
• Responding to and resolving client and shareholder queries
• Issuing shareholder correspondence, including statements at month end and as requested by shareholder
• Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives (attend to presentations from Supervisor/Manager, work sessions & personal effort-training)
• Establish contacts with all areas and all levels at inter departmental.
• Regular attendance and active participation at team meetings
Human Resources Management:
• Responsible for the cross-training of staff on defined aspects of Transfer Agency Dealing functions to develop depth and breadth of knowledge.
• Review and reorganize together with the Supervisor and peers functional tasks for maximum efficiency.
• Manage controls efficiently to alleviate any potential risk areas
• Communicates Effectively (Listens carefully and expresses self clearly, persuasively and professionally both verbally and in writing).
• Drives Continuous Improvement (Challenges the status quo and drives the organisation to continuously improve)
• Fosters Team Spirit (Creates an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others to contribute ideas, opinions and skills.
• Has Positive Attitude (Greets day-to-day work with enthusiasm, optimism and a passion for success).
• Is Committed to Quality Client Service (Builds and maintains strong client relationships through consistently excellent service delivery).
• Is Results Oriented (Exhibits a strong drive for business success by delivering results).
• Pursues Self Development (Continuously seeks learning opportunities and strives to achieve the highest level of professional success).
• Takes Initiative and Assumes Responsibility (Drives actions and assumes ownership of tasks, problems and opportunities).
• Fosters Team Spirit
• Minimum of 2 years Transfer Agency experience - TA Dealing.
• Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
• Ability to multitask and to manage competing priorities given broad portfolio of clients.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to adapt to change
• Fluency in English is mandatory; German and / or French are considered a plus
• Knowledge or prior experience of Multifonds TA is considered an advantage.
Brown Brothers Harriman - 2 years ago
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious private banks in the US. Founded in 1818 and known for its...